The Police Auxiliary Citizens’ Team (P.A.C.T.) is a volunteer program for mature adults 55 years of age and older who reside in Laguna Niguel. P.A.C.T. volunteers are assigned operational and administrative duties normally performed by uniformed officers. This support gives deputies more time to concentrate on law enforcement-related functions.
- Vacation Home Checks – A service provided free of charge which involves a physical check of the residence to ensure it is secure during the owner's absence. All doors and windows are checked to make sure they have not been tampered with.
- You Are Not Alone Program (Y.A.N.A.) – A free program that provides a measure of security and safety for people who are primarily alone. Participants will have the option of having senior volunteers come to their residence or make a phone call to check on their well-beinge. If no answer is received, the P.A.C.T. volunteer will contact a Deputy for follow-up.
- Parking Control – A service provided to residents and businesses that are experiencing parking problems in their neighborhoods or commercial locations, including handicap parking violations. P.A.C.T. patrol personnel will respond to check these problem areas and will issue citations where appropriate.
- Radar Trailer Placement – A service provided to residents who are experiencing problems with speeding vehicles on residential or arterial roadways in their neighborhoods. P.A.C.T. volunteers will place a radar trailer in these problem areas to show motorists what speeds they are traveling at. The trailers also act as a deterrent to speeding vehicles.
- Special Events – P.A.C.T. members provide assistance at most of the events that take place within the City. They provide traffic control and logistical support to staff the events.