Current Volunteer Opportunities
2022 Haunted Trails Volunteer Opportunities!
Volunteer at the City of Laguna Niguel’s annual Haunted Trails! Volunteers must be 15 years of age or older. Commitment to all dates and times is required to participate. To sign up, please visit https://bit.ly/HauntedTrailsVolunteers.
Mandatory Event Dates and Times:
Please report to Crown Valley Community Center (29751 Crown Valley Parkway) on all dates.
- Volunteer Information Meeting: Thursday, September 22nd from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Event Training: Thursday, October 6th from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Haunted Trails Night #1: Thursday, October 13th from 5:30pm to 10:00pm*
- Haunted Trails Night #2: Friday, October 14th from 5:30pm to 10:30pm*
- Haunted Trails Night #3: Saturday, October 15th from 5:30pm to 10:30pm*
- Haunted Trails Night #4: Sunday, October 16th from 5:30pm to 10:00pm*
*Haunted Trails begins at 6:30pm each night*
Volunteer Positions Available:
All positions require you to be on your feet for the duration of the event.
- Monster (Ages 15+): You will be assigned to an area with other volunteers to safely scare participants entering the trail. You are responsible for securing your costume and having it approved in advance by Parks and Recreation Staff.
- Blackout (Ages 15+): This role is for volunteers who wish to be a part of the event but choose not to scare. Dressed all in black, you will be assigned to a section of the trail to monitor participant behavior and look out for safety concerns.
- Volunteer Management (Adults 18+ Only): You will assist Parks and Recreation Staff in managing volunteer monsters and blackouts throughout the event. Duties include managing breaks, delivering refreshments, and checking in on the entrance and exit.
Volunteer Requirements and Expectations:
- All volunteers must be 15 years of age or older by September 1st, 2022. No exceptions.
- Volunteers must commit to trainings and all four nights of the event. If you have any questions about conflicts, please contact Michelle Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must turn in their registration form and liability waiver by Friday, September 30th.
- Minors (under 18 years) must have a parent or guardian sign their liability waiver.
- Adults (ages 18+) must sign their liability waiver and submit for a background check (at no charge) with the City of Laguna Niguel. Your background check must be completed by Thursday, October 6th. Please contact Michelle Newton at email@example.com to set up your background check.
- Note: Laguna Niguel Parks and Recreation does not accept court ordered volunteers.
Check back soon for opportunities to the following events...
- Holiday Parade - December 2022