Laguna Niguel Aquatic Center Rules and Regulations
Main Pool Rules
- Obey the Lifeguards
- Patrons who wish to enter the pool for sunbathing, swimming, or supervising minors are required to pay the appropriate fee or present flex pass. (children 24 months and under are free)
- Children under 10 years of age must be directly supervised by an adult, 14 years or older.
- Children are required to perform a swim test before entering the deep end or the pool or using the diving boards. The test requires the participant to jump in to the water feet first, recover without touching the bottom of the pool, swim the length of the pool (25 yards), using a proper swimming stroke, (Doggie paddle is not permissible) while being supervised by an LNAC Lifeguard.
- Patrons with open sores, cuts, rashes, and/or suffering from diarrhea or contagious diseases shall not be allowed to enter the pool.
- Swimming diapers or rubber pants must be work by infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained. Diapers are not allowed.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn into the pool.
- Running /Horseplay on the pool deck or locker rooms is prohibited.
- Patrons are not allowed on the pool deck unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Hanging or leaning on lane lines is prohibited.
- No Glass containers are allowed anywhere on the pool deck.
- Smoking is PROHIBITED in LNAC and Crown Valley Park.
- Only wheelchairs and strollers are allowed in the swimming area. Strollers must always be attended.
- US Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted; parent must stay within arm’s reach of child.
- Flotation devices are prohibited for use in the pool except for US Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices. Water wings, full suits sewn in, innertubes, rafts and boogie boards are not permitted. The only exception are floatation devices specifically needed to assist a person with a disability (see manager for approval).
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the park. Patrons who are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs shall not be permitted on the pool deck.
- Unattended children shall not be permitted on the pool deck during Adult Lap Swim hours.
- Only Service Animals specifically required because of a disability to perform work or a task the animal has been specifically trained to perform for the owner are permitted on pool deck.
- No Bicycles allowed on pool deck.
- Private instruction may not be given at any CLN facility. Only City designated instructors and authorized instructors may instruct at the facility.
- No breath holding or hyperventilation, extended underwater swimming is allowed.
- Children under the age 6 are not permitted in spa.*
- Children under 14 must be directly supervised by an adult.
- Spa is not supervised by a lifeguard.
*Health recommendations for children under 6 years of age and spa use, by the University of B.C. Facility of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics.
- Children have a much higher amount of fluid in the body; therefore, fluid in the body has a greater effect on them.
- Children have a much larger surface exposed for loss of fluids through the skin.
- Children are more prone to develop hypernatremia or excess water loss over salt loss. They may be compounded if they become dehydrated.
- Children have less response in the thirst area that may result in dehydration.
- Children and especially infants, have kidneys that may have less protected renal function when attempting to concentrate urine when exposed to dehydration.
- One bounce only.
- One person on the diving apparatus at a time.
- Check under board before attempting to use the diving board.
- Dive straight off the board and swim to the nearest ladder.
- Do not swim under diving boards.
- Do not attempt difficult dives without proper training.
- No diving off the side of the board.
- Only dive in 7 ft. of water or deeper.
- 5M diving platform is closed to the general public.