Sign Permits and Regulations
Sign Permit Filing Instructions
Sign Permit applications can be accepted in one of two ways:
1. By emailing one (1) PDF of all required submittal documents to Planning@cityoflagunaniguel.org.
2. By bringing three (3) copies of all required submittal documents to the Planning Counter during regular counter hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Once the sign permit application is received, the Planning Department will complete a 10-business day review of the submittal documents. Upon approval of the submittal package, the Planning Department will automatically route the approved plans and submittal documents to the Building Department.
Sign Permit Submittal Documents
- Commercial Building Application - Completed and signed by the recorded property owner or authorized agent. Applications signed by anyone other than the property owner require a signed authorized agent letter.
- Sign Plans
- Structural Details and Calculations
For more information on Sign Permits or to speak with a Community Development Department staff member, please contact (949) 362-4300 or email Planning@cityoflagunaniguel.org.
In addition to the Laguna Niguel Zoning Code Section 9-1-7 sign requirements, many of the City's commercial centers have sign programs to achieve variety, effective identification, attractive appearance, and coordinated design for the center. A list of approved Sign Programs is below. If there is not a sign program for the center you are looking for, please refer to Laguna Niguel Zoning Code Section 9-1-7 for regulations.
- 30012 Ivy Glenn Drive Sign Program
- Aliso Village Master Sign Program
- Center at Rancho Niguel Sign Program
- Clubhouse Corner Sign Program
- Clubhouse Plaza Sign Program
- Crown Cabot Financial Center Sign Program
- Laguna Design Center Sign Program
- Laguna Heights Marketplace Sign Program
- Laguna Niguel Plaza Sign Program
- Laguna Niguel Promenade Sign Program
- Lantern Plaza Sign Program
- LN Business Center Sign Program - South Block
- LN Business Park Sign Program - North Block
- Moulton Convenience Center Sign Program
- Plaza De La Paz Sign Program
- The Grove Sign Program
- The Marketplace at Laguna Niguel Sign Program
- Town Center Sign Program