The key to a safe community is a partnership between law enforcement and businesses. Laguna Niguel Police Services offers businesses the opportunity to become part of Business Watch. This crime prevention program enlists the active participation of businesses in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce commercial crime in their community.
Business Watch involves the following:
- Business owners getting to know each other, taking the time to care about each other, and working together in a program of mutual assistance.
Business Watch members place a decal on their store front windows and post Business Watch signs on their commercial property, warning criminals that they are in an active Business Watch Community, and that merchants are watching out for each other. Each member is also assigned a member number (on decal), which is used to contact business owners in case of an after hour emergency such as an unsecured door or window, a window smash, or a burglary.
Business Watch Emergency Contact Form
Starting a Business Watch Program
The Laguna Niguel Police Services provides the following services to commercial property owners and managers:
- Security surveys conducted on-site to make your property more secure.
- Safety and training sessions for your employees.
- Burglary and robbery procedures.
- Safety programs for employees.